Friday 1 March 2019

Prussian progress

Work on the Prussian masses continues with another 5 Silesian Musketeers completed this week together with drummers for all 3 battalions and a hornist for the fusiliers. This is an unprecedented rate of production for me but surely it can’t last.


I also managed to complete the overhaul of the fusilier standard-bearer and I’m much happier with the updated version. The flagpole was made from a piece of brass rod with the top end squeezed flat with pliers and filed into shape (I was inspired by the very nice flagpoles made for me by Wellington Man).


Next up I have 5 officers to paint and then I’ll have to knuckle down to completing the rank and file. 19 figures done, 53 to go.

10 comments:

Rob said...

Stick with it, once you’ve got the command figures done the rank and file will go much quicker. I’m struggling with some command figures myself - I find if I can get them done the rest is easier, more of a production line. Needless to say I’m prevaricating by trying my hand at another couple if HH figures in imitation of you and the other aficionados out there.

MSFoy said...

Ian - this is excellent - the figures look great. Nice job of the flag.

Stryker said...

Rob - I agree with you, get the command figures done and the rest is plain sailing! Well, maybe...

Stryker said...

Tony - thanks, the flag is an old one from Revo but the pole is all my own work!

Wellington Man said...

I'm following this with the keenest interest, Ian. If you succeed I may have a go myself. I have to say that the results so far are extremely impressive.

Best regards
WM

Matt said...

The final tally will be very impressive once done - stick with it!

Mark Dudley said...

You are certainly making good progress.

To keep my progress going I am trying to paint in more frequent by shorter painting sessions. It's surprising how much you can get done in short 20 - 30 minutes burst.

Stryker said...

Matthew - I'm not naturally a production line painter but the Prussians lend themselves well to this as they are relatively easy, however I still have a way to go!

Stryker said...

Matt - I really hope to 'finish' the Prussian army this year!

Stryker said...

Mark - at the moment I seem to have about one and a half hours most evenings but by the time I've faffed about it's generally more like 45 minutes. I think you're right that short sessions can be quite productive.