Friday 19 May 2023

1st legere

Gentleman (and others) I give you the 1st legere.


For the record the figures I have used are:

1 x FN/1 Officer (charging)
1 x FN/4 Colour Bearer (charging)
20 x FN/5 Fusilier (charging)
1 x FN/6 Drummer (charging)
1 x FN/8 Officer (marching)

Despite the name they have been based as regular close-order infantry.


All the figures are very nice first-generation castings previously in the collection of Neville Dickinson, repainted by me.

Battle of Warve – I was fortunate enough to play in Norm’s (Battlefield & Warriors blog) recent Warve PBEM game. The game had ten players and was superbly run by Norm. I took part as GdD Habert, 10th French Infantry Division, you can follow my exploits on his very detailed AAR - you'll need a cup of coffee and in my case sedatives...


19 comments:

Norm said...

Thanks, you made the Wavre game a lot of fun to run - some of your fine HH figures on the table would have made for an impressive sight :-)

Stryker said...

Thanks to you too Norm - such a well run game. Maybe I should try something similar in an old school style although I'm not sure I could keep up the impressive pace of your game!

Rob said...

That's a very smart looking unit - sometimes more is less. I shall now go and read about your, no doubt, stellar performance at Wavre.

Rob said...

Hang on, did I say more is less? Shoot me now, or edit the comment to save my blushes.

Stryker said...

Rob, no worries, I get your gist! Stellar doesn’t quite cover what actually happened…

Wellington Man said...

These are every bit as gorgeous as I imagined they were going to be. Simply fabulous.
All the best
WM

P.S I too will now check out what you did at Wavre!

Matt said...

Bloomin' marvellous sight!

Syl said...

Very beautiful
Thanks!

Stryker said...

WM - thanks, I do like the ‘all blue’ look!

Stryker said...

Thanks Matt!

Stryker said...

Thank you Syl!

Aly Morrison said...

Very nice indeed…
A classy paint job on classic figures.

All the best. Aly

Stryker said...

Cheers Aly!

mojoworking said...

Flippin' 'eck! Lovely looking unit.

Stryker said...

Thanks I appreciate that!

David said...

These are so good I genuinely can't tell if the highlights are photographic reflections or paint. The blacklining on the drum is particularly well done as well. Really a stunning battalion of crisp Hinton Hunt goodness!

the Archduke said...

Do I detect some dna from Marshal Ney? I should not want to be on the other side of the table from these messieurs..


Stryker said...

David, thanks - they are reflections on the varnish, no clever shading here!

Stryker said...

Nigel, more like Mack I think! Hopefully you will be meeting the messieurs soon…