Thursday 29 December 2022

Silesian Fusiliers – restoration done

The Prussian Fusiliers are complete and battle-ready. They’ve brushed up quite nicely and will be a useful addition to Marshal Vorwarts command and hopefully a thorn in the side of old Boney.

There are 20 x PN.4 Private (firing) 1 x PN.1 Officer (charging) 1 x PN.7 Officer (marching) 1 x PN.6 Drummer (charging) 1 x PN.5 Private (converted to standard bearer.
The figures are all David Clayton castings with the exception of the drummer which is a vintage figure.

I've based half the figures as skirmishers to give me a bit more flexibility in the Prussian OOB.

Note that the marching officer is oriented on the diagonal of his base. This is not uncommon with Clayton castings, vintage figures are square on.

I think this is the last of my Revo Prussian flags so I'll have to find some more if I ever do any further Prussian units.

With this unit just sneaking in to my 2022 output I have brought my Hinton Hunt tally for the year up to 97 figures painted which is much better than I thought it was going to be. The only problem is that I seem to be acquiring figures more quickly than I’m painting them so need to up the ante for 2023.

20 comments:

Rob said...

They have come up a treat. I'm sure they'll sort Boney as he already seems to struggle a lot these days.
I don't recall this being covered in an earlier post but did Fusilier battalions carry standards? I thought not, and have given all my 6mm Fusilier battalions a mounted officer to make their command stands stand out better.

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Another triumph! Those latest Prussian are handsome fellows. And I know the feeling when it comes to unpainted figures piling up faster than they can be attended to. The bête noire of the hobby.

Happy New Year,

Stokes

Stryker said...

Rob, I have no idea but I like my units to have flags!

Stryker said...

Thanks Stokes, Happy New Year to you too! The problem with collecting out of production figures is that you 'have to have them' when they come up as you may never get the chance again - great theory!

mojoworking said...

Great looking unit. I'm getting close to the end of my French / British lead-pile, you're making me think I need some Prussians. BTW if you like your battalions to have standards against historical precedent, go for it, and damn the torpedos!

Stryker said...

Ah yes you must have Prussians!

'Lee. said...

Fine looking unit Iain, a great addition to the collection.
Lee.

Stryker said...

Thanks Lee!

Rob said...

Time for a Prussian parade?

the Archduke said...

A very welcome addition, Ian, and how wise to base some as potential skirmishers. I've noticed the fromage eaters get annoyed that the Austro/Prussian skirmishers have the longer range. Dunno why; the man in the big hat didn't like rifles....Ich wunsche ihnen frohliches Neujahr.

Stryker said...

Rob, I did have a parade a couple of years ago when I had allegedly 'finished' the Prussians. I have plans to add another infantry unit and the Garde du Corps cavalry so another parade may have to wait until then.

Stryker said...

Nigel, by coincidence the next unit on my painting desk is more British rifles!

David said...

Ian, an absolutely smashing unit! I also appreciate the flag and the ability to pull out skirmishers, which should make these a very versatile unit.

I love that you are brave enough to count the number of figures painted per year. I fear my tally vs acquired figures would be so far into the red as to be a veritable self imposed face palm. That said, I'm looking forward to making more progress with the Tennant collection next year and seeing everyone else's efforts to bring these figures back to life.

Happy new Year to you all!

David

Wellington Man said...

Beautifully done, as always. As for using some of them as a skirmishers, I may definitely nick this idea!
Best regards
WM

Stryker said...

Thanks David, I’m looking forward to seeing your further progress with the Tennant collection next year!

Stryker said...

WM, as the collection has grown it makes sense to have some units I can take skirmishers from depending on the scenario.

Aly Morrison said...

They look splendid Ian…
I have also based my Prussian Fusiliers so they can be deployed in skirmish order.
I look forward to seeing yours in action…

All the best. Aly

Matt said...

They look like steady fellows...perhaps they can even outshine the Silesian Landwehr juggernaut.

Stryker said...

Thanks Aly, they turned out ok in the end!

Stryker said...

Matt, those Silesians sure are tricky fellows!