Sunday 5 September 2021

Napoleon and all his friends (plus a relative)

It's taken me a few years but I finally have all the French Personality figures and Generals finished so I thought I'd better catalogue them here for posterity. All the figures were painted by me unless otherwise credited.

FN/224 French General in cocked hat (mounted)
FN/350 NAPOLEON, in hat and riding coat (on horse FNH/10)
FN/351 PRINCE MURAT, in plumed "lancer" cap and fur trimmed braided coat (on horse FNH/11)

FN/352 EUGENE DE BEAUHARNAIS uniformed as Colonel of the Chasseurs a Cheval (on horse BNH/11)
FNH/353 MARSHAL BESSIERES in uniform as Colonel General of Cavalry (on horse FNH/10) - painted by Tony
FN/354 MARSHAL NEY with riding coat worn over his shoulders (on horse BNH/10) - painted as Marshal Grouchy

FN/355 MARSHAL DAVOUT, in marshal's uniform raising his hat (on horse FNH/4) - the painter is unknown


FN/356 MARSHAL MASSENA, in marshal's uniform (on horse FNH/10)

FN/357 MARSHAL SOULT in uniform of Colonel-General of Chasseurs (on horse FNH/10)

FN/358 GENERAL JUNOT, in uniform of Colonel-General of Hussars (on horse FNH/11) 

FN/359 GENERAL LASALLE, in pelisse, hat and full trousers (on horse FNH/11)

FN/360 GENERAL DORSENNE in uniform of Colonel General of Grenadiers (on horse FNH/10)

FN/361 GENERAL NANSOUTY in Cuirassier General's uniform with cocked hat (on horse FNH/10)

FN/362 GENERAL BARAGUAY d'HILLIERS, Colonel General of Dragoons (on horse FNH/10) - uniform painted blue by mistake!

FN/367 GENERAL CAMBRONNE, in Generals' uniform and cocked hat on foot, with drawn sword and waving arm. 

FN/371 Aide de Camp, holding letter (on horse FNH/13)
WN.30 MARSHAL PONIATOWSKI, in Lancer cap and flowing fur cloak (mounted) pointing

I suppose I'll have to get a shift on now with Wellington and his chums.

31 comments:

Rob said...

Great collection - but when was Murat a prince? I thought he skipped 'Prince' going from Grand Duke straight to King?

Mark Dudley said...

Given your recent experiences in the Invasion of Britain campaign you could field a cavalry unit made up of generals. Do you think Rob will notice?

Stryker said...

Rob, if Marcus Hinton said Murat was a Prince then who are we to question it!

Stryker said...

Mark, that's a great idea - plus 6 to all die rolls!

'Lee. said...

Wow, I never realised that HH produced so many French Generals! They are suitably magnificent Ian.

Stryker said...

Lee, yes its a shame that other manufacturers have never followed suit in such similar detail.

Rob said...

Actually you are right and I am wrong - it bugged me so I looked it up and he was made a prince of the Empire... :o(

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Jaunty looking fellows to a man. Highly effective leopard and tiger skin saddlecloths too.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Aly Morrison said...

A splendid array of commanding fellows Ian…

I think Minifigs has a reasonable mix of French commanders…
Although not part of the shiny world…the Perry’s always have a fine selection of Napoleonic characters…

All the best. Aly

Wellington Man said...

What a magnificent line up, Ian.
I think you've scored an internet first. I don't think I've ever seen them all properly painted, arrayed, and photographed like that before. Just fabulous!

Stryker said...

Rob, you should have more faith in Mr Hinton!

Stryker said...

Thanks Stokes, the tiger skin is my favourite.

Stryker said...

Aly, what makes HH different is that Marcus chose his personality figures for their uniforms rather than their popularity with wargamers!

Stryker said...

WM, you could be right but it sure has taken a long time!

Fire at Will said...

Really nice, never seen the whole collection

Stryker said...

Thanks Will.

Rob said...

Shouldn't that be two relatives (both by marriage), i.e. his step-son Eugene and his brother-in-law Joachim?

Stryker said...

Rob, yes I think you have a point there!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Superb collection there IAN- wonderfully painted- you certainly are the Gold Standard for painting Hintons. Cheers. KEV.

Stryker said...

I’m not sure about that Kev but thanks anyway!

David said...

To see all of these personality figures all painted up to perfection and paraded is just a magnificent treat. Well done sir!

Stryker said...

Thanks David, I've been painting these for so long that it was a bit of a surprise to find I'd come to the end!

Anonymous said...

Very nice. Looking forward to a parade of the Allies.

Stryker said...

Yes, I think I have three left to do!

The Archduke said...

Ah, so that’s the Bessieres, Massena, Soult allocation....I had advice from the same lady who painted d’Hilliers’ jacket blue. Kev is right about the gold.

Rob said...

Of course if anyone has a spare or two that they'd be willing to sell? I'm really in need of Soult and Lasalle.

Stryker said...

Thanks Nigel, she really should get her facts straight!

Stryker said...

Rob, I wonder if Napoleon ever said that?

Phil said...

Such a gorgeous gallery here!

Stryker said...

Thanks Phil!

James Fisher said...

What a fine body of generals and staff!
Regards, James