Sunday 22 September 2019

Council of war

It's the morning of 16th June 1815 and Wellington and Blucher have met at Bussy Windmill near Ligny for a council of war.

"I say old bean how very nice to see you again!"
"Ya, very nice indeed mein old kumpel."
"Do you think you can hold this place until I can bring my
lads over from Quatre Bras to fall on Boney's flank?"
"Ya, I vill hold it to my dying breath!"
"Jolly good, I'll just nip over to my HQ and we'll be back in
a jiffy with the entire guards division."
"Do you really think we'll be able to relieve Blucher by the end
of turn 8 your grace?"
"Not a snowball's chance in hell De Lancey but it's good to keep
up the Prussian's morale!"
"I do not trust ze British herr marshal, zay will not be here
by turn 8!"
"You're too negative Gneisenau, I'm sure Wellington will not
let us down and besides, the 1st Silesian Hussars have just
arrived in camp so everything will be fine!"


We plan to fight the game a week on Saturday and a full after action report will appear here in due course.

7 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Looking forward to this action .

Stryker said...

Good, me too!

Rob said...

I presume the script was by Hofschröer?
Now, come on, stop teasing us and get stuck in. I can't wait to see if the Prussians can survive against those odds, even though I suspect the absence of their artillery is mere typo (Gneisenau really should do better).

Stryker said...

Er, yes that is a typo Rob, there are two foot batteries!

Wellington Man said...

With all those Silesians its starting to look like the Polish Army, Ian!

the Archduke said...

Sheer poetry in, er pewter, well you get the general idea. But how did they get to hi jack Napoleon's helicopter?

James Fisher said...

Beaut 'cartoon' with figures Ian!