Tuesday 6 August 2019

Prussian progress 3

I’ve finished the final 6 figures of the Colberg Regiment this evening, a month later than I had hoped but at least they’re done. They just need to be varnished and based and then I can declare that the Prussian infantry are officially complete. 

Next I will be turning my attention to a unit of Silesian Hussars who in turn will complete the line up of the Prussian cavalry. I’m looking forward to doing this unit as these were the first Hinton Hunt cavalry figures I ever painted back in the mists of time.

Hopefully I’ll be posting a bit more frequently after what’s turned out to be a very busy summer (busy in a non-wargaming sort of way).

9 comments:

Rob said...

A month late? I count my missed deadlines in years! They are scrummy figures - what is the Silesian hussar unit - is a green or brown one (I think they only came in those two flavours)?

Matt said...

Very smart looking fellows. Good to see you back at the painting table.

MSFoy said...

They are great, Ian. The Prussians always seem to have had an instinct for making their soldiers look intimidating - I wouldn't argue with that lot, I can tell you. Look forward to seeing them in action!

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Somber, but no less lovely! How you manage your flags is equally impressive.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Wellington Man said...

Very nice indeed, Ian!
All the best
WM

Stryker said...

Rob, it will be the brown one as this is the one featured in the HH painting instructions.

Stryker said...

Stokes, the flag is an old paper one from Revo so not my own handiwork.

the Archduke said...

Gott sei Dank. Somebody else who uses printed flags. It was getting quite intimidating out there. Love the fresh white facings. Look forward to seeing hussars who are not Leib Hussars.

Stryker said...

Cheers Nigel, I like to use the Old Revo flags where possible as I aspired to use them back in the day!