Wednesday 13 December 2017

Young Guard Drummer - Take 2

Matt gently pointed out to me that my drummer was missing the shoulder strap that supports the drum. He was right of course and I was vaguely aware of this while I was painting him but not enough to engage my brain.

I have now corrected this and removed the levitating drum effect by adding a suitable strap by way of a paint conversion. Matt had even gone to the trouble of removing the cartridge box for added authenticity when he did the conversion so shame on me for my omission.

I also took the opportunity to repaint the drum hoops in a lighter blue which matches my other French drummers – consistency is everything.

9 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

Smart looking chap ! .

Wellington Man said...

You make me sound very like a sort of Hintonian Grand Inquisitor, Ian. However, I'm glad I didn't have to apply the thumbscrews, as you've repainted him brilliantly!

Stryker said...

Hardly and inquisitor! All comments always greatfully received.

Rob said...

I'm impressed by how much you can do with the intelligent application of paint - sometimes I think vintage figures give so much more freedom as to how you can paint them.

Stryker said...

Rob it's both a freedom and a curse!

Lee said...

A thing of beauty that drummer.

Stryker said...

Cheers Lee, I'm hoping this unit will be one of my best!

the Archduke said...

Oh my God, I once exposed my entire Russian army to Matt in a fit of grandiosity. Even as I type I am reviewing the drummers for absentee belts. Nyet, Pavlovs, no lurking at the back there! Mind you, your quick thinking paintwork has restored this chap's confidence. Well done, Sir.

Stryker said...

Cheers Nigel - we can all fall foul of the detail police but it's important to keep up standards (literally standard bearers in my case)!