Saturday 2 May 2009

Don’s Grand Armee(s)

I’ve recently received some pictures from Don in the US of his impressive Hinton Hunt armies in action and I thought it might be a nice idea to show some of them here. Don and his group use a variation of the rule-set “Grognards & Grenadiers” using a hex based terrain system and I think the overall effect is very pleasing. The figures are a mixture of both vintage and Clayton produced Hinton Hunt and some Der Kreigspielers - click on the pictures for a closer look.

Storming a village (those are casualty markers on the soldiers heads not giant busbies)

Russians looking like they mean business
Drat and blast – that’s much better than my Austrian flag!

Are those Don’s Cossacks in the distance (Don's Cossacks - geddit?)

Vive le Emperor!

Now, if I could just crank up the painting output maybe I could have armies like this by say 2020?

5 comments:

lewisgunner said...

Looks good and very much in the retro style that you favour Ian
Roy

Stryker said...

Roy - that's right, Don's painting style is very similar to my own. Whilst we're on the subject, how about some pics of your Hinton collection?

Ian

Rafael Pardo said...

2020 is near so don't worry ;-p
Regards
Rafa

Captain Nolan said...

Looks like you may have arrived ahead of schedule - 2017?

Stryker said...

Well yes, you could be right Captain Nolan!