Tuesday 19 February 2008

Half way there

This is the first half of my unit of French Fusiliers - the 45th Regiment of the Line if you remember. The 45th had their eagle captured at Waterloo but these clever fellows have obviously left theirs back at barracks to avoid such a disgrace.

I confess that I have found it hard going painting this lot but having reached the halfway point I hope it will speed up. I have tried many times over the years to paint with production line methods in the hope of achieving a quicker turn around but in the end I always tend to paint just 3 figures at a time. More than this and I start to feel that painting has become a chore rather than an enjoyment.

These models deserve the attention however as they are all vintage Hinton Hunt castings that have turned out to be surprisingly rare considering that Fusilier figures should be the core of any French wargame army. Like many of the Hintons they have a very distinctive quirky stance. Perhaps not one of the best examples of Marcus Hinton’s work but when the command groups are added I still expect the Regiment to pass muster.

1 comment:

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Your fusiliers are looking very nice. Keep up the good work!

Best Regards,

Stokes