Friday, 28 August 2026

Smolensk Regiment

A bit of a departure for me, this unit is made up entirely of figures from the Der Kriegspieler Napoleoniques range (except for the officer). DK were contemporaries of Hinton Hunt being in production in the US through the 70s and 80s. I've mentioned before that many DK figures bear a striking resemblance to Hinton Hunt ones (my opinion, please don't sue me) but the Russian infantry figures appear to be original work.

DK figures tend to be a bit smaller than Hinton Hunt ones. In this case I have added some thin plasti-card under the bases to give them extra height.

The figures are:

22 x DK58 GRN BN 1812-Shako-Coat Charging (one converted to drummer)
1 x DK59 GRN BN 1812-Shako-Coat On Guard (converted to standard bearer)
1 x FN/11 French Officer in great-coat charging (with head swap)

The flag is another original from Revo.

These figures were originally in the collection of US gamer Don W. I have refurbished them rather than re-paint them although the conversions are my own work.


No comments: