Friday 24 July 2020

More recruits for the 49th Foot

I managed to complete another six infantrymen for the Hertfordshires this week taking me to just over the halfway point for the unit. These haven’t been as much hard going as I expected and even painting the red hasn’t been too frustrating, even though it takes four coats to cover properly.


To reward myself I intend to paint the remaining command figures next including the drummer who will be in reverse colours. I also have a sergeant and a couple of officers to do.

13 comments:

Rob said...

Can't wait to see the drummer in that lovely green and shortly after that we'll no doubt see the whole unit on parade at the rate you're going.

Matt said...

They really look the business!

Wellington Man said...

They're already looking spectacular already, Ian!

Stryker said...

Thanks guys - hopefully they'll all be on parade soon!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi IAN- Top work there on the painting - look forward to seeing the completed unit. Cheers. KEV.

'Lee. said...

Magnificent Ian, a beautiful red and I note that you have even painted in the lower collar piping, something even my 40mm's don't have!

Mark Dudley said...

You are making excellent progress on your chaps. My progress on the 1st KGL is slower by comparison but the first 10 are now done. British are quiet fiddly to paint.

MSFoy said...

Excellent - really attractive. That green really pops with the red jackets!

the Archduke said...

Well done, Sir. You see, I'm not alone in liking green drummers..............This will be a great looking unit. Any particular reason for choosing the 49th?

Aly Morrison said...

These chaps are certainly coming along...
The drummer should stand out Nicely...

All the best. Aly

Stryker said...

Lee, I'm not sure how I did that but well spotted!

Stryker said...

Mark, it's all still to play for!

Stryker said...

Nigel, the 49th is the regiment given on the Hinton Hunt painting instruction sheet.