Wednesday 30 October 2019

Another Hussar

RN38 Russian Hussar - finished except for varnishing
I was trying to finish the Russian infantry in time for a game at Goya’s next week, but various distractions have meant that’s no longer achievable. So, to distract myself completely, I’ve jumped ahead and painted a test figure for the next unit which will be the Pavlograd Hussars.

The figures for this unit came from two different sources and I can’t remember what they were. It’s clear however that these are not original figures and they have all had their plumes removed but are nice castings nonetheless.

I went for the Pavlograds purely because they had such a nice blue pelisse which will certainly stand out against the brown-coated infantry.

15 comments:

Ross Mac rmacfa@gmail.com said...

I can't think of a better reason for picking a regiment.

Wellington Man said...

Hurrah! Russian hussars are the best hussars there are, I reckon. Devilishly difficult to paint, though, by the looks of him. I salute you, Sir.
Best regards
WM

Rob said...

The Pavlograds also turn up operating with Graham in the Netherlands in 1814 so would be my choice if I did a Russian hussar unit - also like you love the turquoise pelisse! Can't wait to see him in shiny form.

Stryker said...

Thanks chaps!

Matt said...

Definitely a stand out unit! Very blue indeed.

Stryker said...

Cheers Matt!

Uwe said...

You see what a good paintjob can do with the nostalgic figures. Very well done!

Stryker said...

Thanks Uwe!

Aly Morrison said...

Very nice indeed...
The whole unit should look spectacular.

All the best. Aly

Stryker said...

Thanks Aly, I hope so!

James Fisher said...

Beautiful hussar Ian. Russian hussars = colourful units, your painting = excellent representation!!

the Archduke said...

Hear hear. What a great choice of uniform. You mention their having had their plumes removed, Ian, but I don't believe this figure ever had plumes. You only got plumes with the chasseurs.

Phil said...

Wonderful hussar, great details on it!

Stryker said...

Archduke, you are of course right!

Stryker said...

Thanks for the comments James and Phil!