Wednesday 31 December 2014

Highland Sergeant

This is BN/31 Highland Sergeant (charging), another part of my rather large command figure contingent for the Black Watch.

I’m working on the flag-bearers now which will take me to the halfway point of the unit. With a bit of luck I will have the whole battalion finished in a month or two.

If you haven’t seen it yet you should check out the Hinton Spieler blog from Matthew in New Zealand. Some lovely Hinton Hunt figures rejuvenated with some equally lovely brushwork!

8 comments:

MSFoy said...

A whole battalion of standard-bearers?

This unit has so many command figures it gives a snapshot of what an independent Scotland might have been like. Jeez - did I say that out loud?

Have a great New Year, Ian - and all the best to everyone - Tony

Wellington Man said...

Terrific work, as ever. Can't wait to see the whole battalion.

All the very best for the New Year,

Matthew

Matt said...

All the best for the New Year and I look forward to seeing the whole unit,

'Lee. said...

Another fine figure Ian, great tartan effect. Going to be a stunning battalion once finished.

Happy New Year,

Lee.

Stryker said...

Thanks for the comments chaps - A Happy New Year to you!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful figure, highlanders make an excellent addition to your collection.

Happy new year

Paul

the Archduke said...

And a Happy New Year, sir. There I was, working on my tribute 45me ligne, and thinking you were resting your brush. Thanks for the intro to Wellington man, and I'm delighted that Mr Foy has not gone PC for the New Year. Good painting to us all.

Stryker said...

Yes, Foy going PC would be like the ravens leaving the tower - or worse!

A Happy New Year to you Archduke!!!