Thursday 29 December 2011

Gnice One

Years ago I remember my father (who was a WWII RAF Navigator W/O) telling me that after one successful attack on the German Battleship Gneisenau the wags in the RAF sent back a Morse code signal to base saying “The Gneisenau is not so Gnice now”. This has nothing whatsoever to do with this Blog except that…

One of the things Santa brought me this year was this casting of PN/61 General Gneisenau mounted on horse PNH/1. A nice little figure with a good paint job too (although not quite in my own style). He will probably survive without a repaint but we’ll see.

I’m pleased to have him as he more or less completes the General Staff for my Prussians and recreates the Command Group I had with my original Prussian army back in the early 70s. One of the aims of this project was to build up a Hinton Hunt Prussian force if I could find enough figures (which I now have) so it’s probably time that I turned my attention to painting a few more of them!

5 comments:

Conrad Kinch said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqgPyqyh4X4

lewisgunner said...

Lovely Ian. Let's see the whole group then.

Roy

Rafael Pardo said...

Waiting for a Prussian High Command Group!
Happy New Year 2012
Regards
Rafa

Stryker said...

Ok guys, I'll see what I can do!

lewisgunner said...

Here's some inspiration!

http://www.explore-parliament.net/nssMovies/06/0647/0647_.htm

Roy