Sunday 1 August 2010

La Belle Alliance

The Duke and marshal Blucher meet on the battlefield of Waterloo to swap notes and partake in some general chitchat about the day’s events. The Duke is on his trusty horse Copenhagen whilst the identity of Blucher’s mount is a bit less certain.

The setting is actually our garden wall and the battle scene is rather thin due to my lacking a suitable model of La Belle Alliance. Hovels do make a nice 25mm model of the famous Inn and I will be treating myself to this in due course.

Whilst Copenhagen is in fine fettle I have made a slight change to Blucher’s mount in line with a suggestion made by Roy some time ago and have turned the hoofs a more realistic grey colour. I really like all of the Hinton Hunt personality figures but I would have to say that the figure of Blucher is my favourite out of these two.

4 comments:

Rafael Pardo said...

A great scene!
Regards
Rafa

lewisgunner said...

http://www.explore-parliament.net/nssMovies/06/0647/0647_.htm

So that we all might glory in the moment when, properly allied with our German cousins, we protected Europe from French hegemonism!!!

Roy

Lee said...

Two fine figures Ian, they look great.

Lee.

Stryker said...

Thanks chaps!

Roy that's an inspiring little link, now I really will have to get my own La Belle Alliance!