Saturday 12 October 2024

15th Szeckler Grenzers

The Grenzers are done and now paraded here for your inspection. I've enjoyed painting these as the castings are really superb first generation Hinton Hunt ones first glimpsed here on the blog. Brown uniforms were an interesting change too after lots of recent red and blue ones.

The figures used are:

1 x AN/21 Hungarian Officer, charging (DK figure converted to standard bearer)
9 x AN/25 Hungarian Musketeer, firing
1 x AN/26 Hungarian Officer, marching
12 x AN/27 Hungarian Musketeer, marching
1 x DK Austrian Grenadier drummer (with head-swop conversion)




I'm staying with the Austrian theme for the next unit but with a return to standard white uniform so I will need to break out the snow goggles for my painting sessions.

6 comments:

the Archduke said...

What splendid fellows. Marcus' Hungarians are among my favourite figures, and I approve the marching men's moustaches. You just have to, don't you?

Stryker said...

Nigel, proper marching men just have to have moustaches, its the law...

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Marvelously executed brushwork! Especially the silver braid loops on the figures' thighs and the drum hoops. I've got 15 SYW Croats that have been base-coated white for 10 years or more with no further work than that, and I'm now thinking that your work here provide obvious clues forward for them.

Kind Regards,

Stokes

Stryker said...

Thanks Stokes. Actually the braid loops were not all that onerous to do, I paint them in black and then dot-in the centres with yellow. I look forward to seeing your Croats in due course!

Rob said...

I like these, they are really different and obviously a good break from all that white. Will they be rated like the line or do you have something else in mind for them?

Stryker said...

Thanks Rob. I'm intending to use them as normal line troops, I just wanted a break from painting white!