Sunday 2 February 2014

Old Guard update (3)

This is FN/28. Grenadier Sergeant (marching) or to give him his full billing from my Hinton Hunt catalogue – FRENCH IMPERIAL GUARD, GRENADIERS OF THE OLD GUARD 1804/15 (in Guards Bearskins, long tailed coats, waistcoats, knee breeches and tall gaiters), FN/28. Grenadier Sergeant (marching).

It was descriptions like this in the HH catalogue that made me want to buy these figures as a kid even though I had no idea what it all meant. How could anyone resist?

I’m now well over halfway though painting my unit of Old Guard Grenadiers and my goal is to complete them before Lee completes and returns the unit of Line Fusiliers I just sent him. Let’s take bets on who will finish first.

8 comments:

Rafael Pardo said...

"La garde meurt mais ne se rend pas"
Regards
Rafa

Stryker said...

Oui mon brave!

Paulalba said...

He is grand Ian!

'Lee. said...

What a magnificent figure of a Guard Grenadier, so much character.
Your French battalion is scheduled for next week Ian so you had better get those brushes moving :-)

All the best,
Lee.

lewisgunner said...

My money is on Lee. He's a producer!!

Stryker said...

For what it's worth my money is on Lee too!

the Archduke. said...

on the other hand, and knowing nothing about Lee, it takes longer to paint a fusilier than a Garde grenadier.All that piping and those little imperial "N"s. Still, what do I know? I'm from Vienna....

Stryker said...

Ah, Archduke, you may be from Vienna (well someone has to play the Austrians) but you may have a point - Lee has just told me to expect my completed unit of Fusiliers next week!