Sunday 16 February 2014

Going Dutch

Continuing with the series of archive photos (what a great way to disguise the fact that I’ve done precious little painting since the last post) here’s one of a Hinton Hunt Dutch artillery battery. The figures are:

DN55 gunner running with ammunition bag
DN53 gunner holding cannon ball
DN51 gunner with port fire
DN52 gunner with rammer
(cannon by Newline Designs)

I painted these a few years back as a thank you for a package of HH figures received from down under. By coincidence the figures I received included the same batch of French Fusiliers that Lee is currently painting up for me.

As far as I know these Dutch gunners are still living it up in the Australian sunshine - lucky them!

7 comments:

DeanM said...

Lovely figures - dare I say nostalgic! Best, Dean

Stryker said...

Cheers Dean!

the Archduke said...

Once again you are teaching this grandmother.. well, that Marcus made Dutch gunners. I had no idea. They are nicely painted, but come on, I've gone public that you'll finish those grenadiers first....

Stryker said...

Sadly I think that race is already lost!

lewisgunner said...

Interesting that they have a British gun. I have some Prussians with British guns, but I am never sure about them. The chap who did them was adamant that the British equipped whole batteries. The Dutch used French guns up to 1814 so I winder if they were lost or replaced and new guns supplied.

Roy

Simon said...

My dutch artillery supplied by Clayton came with French pieces which also seem to have been in use in 1815 according to some internet sources. I've painted them in brown rather than the usual French artilery green as they are said to have been in their natural state in many cases. Nice paint job by the way.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Lovely Figures - excellently painted...Good on You Ian. Regards. KEV