Saturday 10 August 2013

9th legere - Finished

Looking back through my previous posts I see that I started work on painting the 9th legere in December 2012. Even by my standards this is very slow progress but I can now confirm that the unit is finally finished, based and ready for action.

 The Emperor presents the 9th legere with their eagle.

 Marshal Lannes puts the 9th through some drill - first battle line...

 ...then column of attack

 ...and finally column of march.

This leaves the painting desk free to start work on the Old Guard grenadiers. I have two units of 24 figures to do and being realistic they will probably take me a year to complete. With any luck though I’ll have at least one unit ready the next time those Russians put in an appearance.

10 comments:

MSFoy said...

The boys look excellent - really good.

Have you got TE Crowdy's book about the 9eme Leger? - if not, it's a decent read, and you could read it aloud to the troops at supper time. Good for morale.

Cheers - Tony

Anonymous said...

Very dashing!

Paulalba said...

Ahh its always nice to finish a battalion off. Nice work!

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Spectacular! Really nice painting.

Best Regards,

Stokes

DeanM said...

Beautiful figures - love the dark blue Legere uniform. Dean

Rafael Pardo said...

A nice job as always!

Stryker said...

Thanks for the comments lads.

Tony - no I had't heard of that book but will check it out.

Phil said...

Beautiful work, love the colors!

Unknown said...

Im after some advise. Ive had a box of about 30 of these figures of some years which are sitting there doing nothing and im looking to find out what they are worth. Any ideas of where I can do that living in essex by the thames. Thanks

Stryker said...

Hi Darren - the best way is still probably to sell via eBay. Contact me via the email address on my profile if you want more info.