Firstly, because yesterday this blog received its one hundred thousandth hit. So one hundred thousand thanks to you all (or perhaps just one big thank you to one very sad individual). Secondly, because during the week I finished the unit of Prussian Jagers marking the end of “phase one” of this project. I now have over 350 painted and based figures, which is enough to enable me to play a decent sized game.
I’ve already mentioned that I’m particularly fond of these Jager figures because the very first Hinton Hunt unit I completed back in the early 70s was made up of these same types. Those figures are of course long gone – perhaps hiding in an attic somewhere.
My light infantry units are 18 figures strong and individually based for maximum manoeuvrability. The complete line-up is as follows:
2 x PN.24 Jager Officer, quick marching
1 x PN.25 Jager bugler, quick marching
3 x PN.26 Jager, quick marching
6 x PN.28 Jager, firing
6 x PN.29 Jager, kneeling firing
Next up will be the British ADC I’ll be painting
to represent Wellington’s aid De Lancey.