Friday, 7 August 2026

Life Guards Horse Regiment

You might just remember that back in the beginning of April I painted a test figure for a Russian Life Guards Horse Regiment. This unit then got set aside while I focused on the newly arrived Cuirassiers and then the Jagers. I've now put that right.

The figure is PN73 Prussian Garde du Corps (mounted) charging with a paint job conversion to represent the Russian Life Guards Horse Regiment. The only modification to the figure is the removal of the canteen slung above the scabbard. 
The trumpeter is converted from the same figure.
These are not original figures which you can see here clearly by their rather slim physique. Short rations I guess.

I have to say that I haven't particularly enjoyed painting these. I think the fact that they're not vintage castings coupled with the fact that they're not actually the proper Russian Guard figure is to blame. However, they will fill a gap in the OOB so that's good.

On a different subject - I've been experimenting with using ChatGPT to help me run a solo campaign with my Boer War figure collection. This has been quite fascinating so you may want to take a look (click here) even if colonial wargames isn't your thing as the same ideas could be applied to other periods.

No comments: