Tuesday 25 May 2021

6th Chasseurs completed

Having finished the one-piece castings, I decided to tart up the original two-piece ones as they were a bit battered in places. I then based them mixing the two figure types together as I like the look that gives even though it is not very old school.




All the figures used were vintage Hinton Hunt castings:

6 x FN/310 Chasseur a Cheval in shako (on horse FNH/7)
6 x FN/122 Chasseur a Cheval of the line (mounted) charging
*the trumpeter is converted from FN/122

I painted the first six of these Chasseurs back in 2007 and in fact they were the first cavalry figures I painted for this project. I can’t remember where I got the uniform information from and it doesn’t look all that accurate to me now, but I thought it best to paint the new recruits to the same scheme.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the chasseur like the trumpeter, Paul

Stryker said...

Thanks Paul, glad you like them!

Matt said...

Fine additions too!

Aly Morrison said...

Very pretty indeed...

But will they fight 😁

All the best. Aly

Stryker said...

Thanks Matt!

Stryker said...

I hope so Aly!

David said...

The mix of the figure types I find very appealing and still maintains the Old School look thanks to your excellent work with the brush. Very,very nice!

Rob said...

Just the boys to seek out and fix those pesky kaiserliks.

'Lee. said...

Superb! I too like the mix of the two poses, a fine addition Ian.

Stryker said...

David, thanks mixing the types is a good way of finding enough figures for a full 12-figure unit.

Stryker said...

Rob, hopefully with more luck than fighting the British!

Stryker said...

Thanks Lee!

the Archduke said...

Speaking as a pesky kaiserlik, I approve strongly. They look great. You are undoubtedly the colour bearer for Old School, Ian, and I am delighted to see this nod towards us cutting edge new educationists. I am sorry for any knocks to the original squadron caused by fighting pesky British dragoons. Just sayin’.

Stryker said...

Don’t worry Nigel, its not just you as they got a fair hammering at vintage Waterloo as well!

Mark Dudley said...

They look splendid. I dont know how you got the new squadron to match the colours you used in 2007.

Purple said...

Smashing!

Stryker said...

Mark, not only do I keep a notebook listing the colours used but the green pot of paint is actually the same one I used 14 years ago!

Stryker said...

Thank you Purple!

Shaun said...

?lovely looking figures. Do you add the black lining after the painting?

James Fisher said...

Lovely Ian. The trumpeter really sets them off too.
Regards, James

Stryker said...

Shaun, I use a black undercoat and then block paint leaving the black lines showing - thanks for commenting.

Stryker said...

Thanks James, its nice to have a bit of colour in a sea of green!

MSFoy said...

They look great Ian - mix of castings is very pleasing effect.

Stryker said...

Thanks Tony, I'm sure they will provide good support to the 15th!