Sunday 17 March 2019

An ADC for Blucher

At the end of my last post I said I had nothing left to do except get on with the rank and file of the Prussian infantry so of course I immediately distracted myself by painting up another mounted officer. This one is a vintage casting of BN/261 British ADC in cocked hat, holding letter mounted on horse PNH/1 painted as a Prussian cavalry ADC (as per the fantastic illustration by Gary Embleton in Osprey’s “The Prussian Army of the Lower Rhine 1815”).


Although a distraction, this was on my to do list for the Prussian Army as I need 9 mounted officers in total (including Blucher). As you know, I use these figures to act as ‘Colonels’ for my infantry units but I also want each army commander to have his own ADC.


Not much other painting has been completed this week but all 24 of the Silesian Musketeers are finished and varnished, they just need basing.

29 figures completed, 43 to go.

11 comments:

Matt said...

Keep going they0re looking great!

Rob said...

He's a beauty and even though ginger still represents progress against the plan - so it's all to the good in my book.

Wellington Man said...

That's a very clever paint conversion, Ian, and very nicely done.
The Silesians are also looking magnificent.
Best regards
WM

Stryker said...

Thank you Rob & WM!

Mark Dudley said...

I have three French ADCs to paint. I am thinking of doing one as a Prussian and another as a British ADC.

Your Prussian Cavalry ADC looks rather splendid in White. I wonder if you painted one in blue could you get away with naming him Muffling, interuputting the Duchess of Richmond's Ball with a letter bringing news of Napoleon Army crossing the Sambre.

Stryker said...

Mark, I have him already https://hintonhunt.blogspot.com/2018/08/karl-freiherr-von-muffling.html

James Fisher said...

He's a fine looking mate for Gerhardt. Those 'mouseketeers' are looking marvellous.

James Fisher said...

We'll try Gebhard, shall we?!

Stryker said...

James, whichever you prefer!

Captain Nolan said...

Fantastic! What do folks plan to do with their Blogger blogs, now that Google plans to wipe the out at the end of the month?

Stryker said...

Hi Nolan, I think that's just Google Plus not Blogger, well I hope so otherwise it's Goodnight Vienna...