Tuesday 6 February 2018

Young Guard Update

Well, I did say I hoped I’d have them finished by the middle of February at the latest and I’m not all that far off – just three figures left to paint. However due to the fact that we have a couple of visitors over the next week (my hobby space is in the guest room) I may just miss that deadline.

This is the final officer figure for the unit gleaming under a coat of wet varnish - he is FN/70 Young Guard Officer (charging). There is a note in the Hinton Hunt catalogue that says “The Young Guard Officers FN/70 and FN/74 had the same patterns of uniform for Tirallieurs and Voltiguers, only the colouring differed”. This is quite handy although of course I have painted mine as Voltiguers.

Once the unit is completed and based I’ll try to get some decent pictures of them.

11 comments:

lewisgunner said...

Well done Ian,
That YG officer always looks to me as tough he is conducting the regimental band and doing a little dance at the same time!

Quel Ponce!

Stryker said...

Roy - I had the same thought myself, shame HH didn't make any bandsmen!

Wellington Man said...

You've perfected the art of the Hinton-tease, Ian! We're all on tenterhooks.
Stunning work, as always.
WM

Stryker said...

Thanks WM, individually they may not be too great but I think the finished unit will look pretty good - how can they not with red and green plumes!

Matt said...

Definitely a bit of "Dad-dancing" going on there!

Stryker said...

He'll be dancing with the enemy soon I hope!

Anonymous said...

Is his name Geraldeaux?

Mark Dudley said...

I am currently painting an Alberken/Minifig French Officer in similiar pose and in comparison his dancing is a'disaster darling' compared to the rhythm in your HH officer.

Anonymous said...

Once the Young guard are "tout ensemble" they will look very good, look forward to seeing them completed and ready for Plancenoit?

Paul

Stryker said...

Mark - my guy does a great rendition of "In the Mood" even if it is 150 years too early!

Stryker said...

Paul - Plancenoit may be a little way off as I will need to crack on with some more Prussians first.