Friday 14 July 2017

Voltigeurs with a yellow streak

The Voltigeurs have all be re-issued with nice bright yellow collars and we’re going to say no more about this whole sorry episode. Except that it took one coat of Foundry orange 3B and two coats of yellow 2B to put things right, fortunately I didn’t end up with too many wobbly lines and just one or two figures will need some touching up (you can blame Tony for the title of this post).

Once the officer is finished off this lot will be ready for varnishing and basing. The 6 new figures will be based along with the 18 older ones to my revised light infantry basing scheme which allows them to be deployed either as skirmishers or as a close order battalion.

On a separate note I have turned the lightbox feature in Blogger back on to make it easier to view the photos on this blog. I previously turned it off so it was possible to zoom in to read documents such as painting instructions but as I’ve only posted a few of these it makes sense to revert. It might be worth looking back at some of my old posts such as Vintage Waterloo to fully enjoy this photo function.

UPDATE - I've had to turn the lightbox off again as a lot of my older images at the start of the blog were not displaying properly. I'm afraid I'll have to keep it turned off until I can figure out what's going on, sorry!

5 comments:

Matt said...

And a handsome looking unit they look too!

Stryker said...

Matt - that'll be because you painted most of them!

Wellington Man said...

If you're using Chrome, it's possible to reopen photos viewed in lightbox in another tab by right-clicking on them and selecting from the pop-up menu. One can then zoom in and out to one's heart's content. Doesn't work in Explorer though, as far as I can tell.

Your newly-recollared voltigeurs are spendid!

Is that the start another line battalion forming up in the background?

Stryker said...

WM - that's the command group from my fusiliers which I've been using as a guide to paint my voltigeur officer. The under coated figures right at the back are more light infantry to make up the 10th legere.

Lee said...

Nicely done, they look very smart.