Sunday 12 October 2014

Prussian Review

With the Fusiliers now finished I thought it would be a good time to hold a review of the Hinton Hunt Prussian forces completed so far. In total there are 70 foot figures, 3 mounted Generals and 1 gun and limber, and rather unusually all these figures have been painted by me.

Gneisenau, Blucher and Bulow prepare to review the troops.

Here they come - the massed ranks of the Hinton Hunt Prussian Division!

The Silesian Landwehr bring up the rear behind the newly arrived West Prussian Fusiliers.

The Field Artillery - the Officer with spyglass and map (PN30) is one of my favourite castings.

The full Division.

There is still a way to go if I’m going to recreate the force of 200 or so figures I had back in the 1970s but I’m not really intending to go quite that far. However, I hope to add another 3 infantry units and a few squadrons of cavalry in the fullness of time.

You may have noticed that there are a few 15mm ACW troops lurking in the background of a couple of the photos above. This is because the table is currently being used for a re-fight of the Battle of McDowell – to take a proper look follow the link here to visit my Brother Against Brother blog.

14 comments:

MSFoy said...

Very nice indeed! - you must be delighted to have these fellows back again (if you know what I mean). Old Blücher is a fierce looking old bird, isn't he?

WSTKS-FM Worldwide said...

Agreed! They look great. I like your three staff figures especially.

Best Regards,

Stokes

Stryker said...

Thanks chaps - yes the staff figures came out well, Blucher in particular. I must paint up some more!

Matt said...

A most impressive start to the Prussian Army. 3 more infantry units plus cavalry will take you tantalisingly close to your 70's numbers...

Stryker said...

Matt - yes I guess it will but it may take me some time to achieve!

Anonymous said...

Lovely work, really good to see them all together. I like the command figures - Blucher and co. Look forward to see what you will complete next.

regards

Paul

Stryker said...

Thanks Paul - hopefully the Dragoons will be next.

tidders said...

Great work, nice to see your completed prussians. Like the staff figures.

-- Allan

Stryker said...

Cheers Allan!

James Fisher said...

Lovely Ian. You must be most satisfied with being albe to put together such a parade so soon (I would). Keep 'em coming!

Stryker said...

Thanks James - must admit I was surprised at how large the Prussian contingent has become!

lewisgunner said...

Thats because of all the sausage they eat.

How are you going to create mounted colonel figures for each of your Prussian units? Blucher and Gneisenau can hardly lead every unit?

Roy

Stryker said...

Ha Ha!

Good point Roy - but conversions of Gneisenau and the Prussian general with spyglass just might!

Phil said...

Great job, very impressive units...I love Blücher!