Thursday 20 December 2012

Goodwill to all men


Apparently the world is going to end tomorrow at 11.00 am GMT so I thought I’d better put this blog-post up now rather than leave it until nearer Christmas. This is FN82 French L.I. Voltigeur (charging). I have five of these figures that I’ll be using to complete the Carabineer Company of the 9th legere.

A quick look back over this year’s crop of posts reveals that I have added a total of 52 painted Hinton Hunt foot figures and 5 mounted personality figures to the armies. This may seem pretty weedy compared to the prolific output of many other wargamers, but for me it is pretty good going – and this year I have painted every one of them myself.

So it just remains to say – A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all my readers.

Now I'm off to the garage where I have built a survival chamber under the wargame table...

8 comments:

MSFoy said...

My wife's mother is coming to stay with us for Christmas again this year, so the world ending before then is not without some attractions.

On the other hand I've got a load of figures still to paint, so it would be upsetting if we all went just now.

I had thought of seeing what sort of a price the bookies would give me if I bet on it actually happening, but I'm not sure how I could collect my winnings. Needs thought.

Merry Christmas, Ian, to you, your family and your soldiers. Thank you for helping to make 2012 a brighter year!

Anonymous said...

Have you got room for me under the table? If so, see you around 10.59?

Stryker said...

Tony, Matt - you're both welcome to join me under the table (Tony, fortunately it's not a Mother-in-law friendly environment) - with a bit of luck we can play a game at 11.01...

lewisgunner said...

The world will not end until the mountain of lead is painted. On the day that task is completed the stars will go out one by one.
Roy

Keith Flint said...

And a Merry Christmas to you too.

Best wishes, Keith.

Rafael Pardo said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2013!
Regards
Rafa

Phil said...

Well, this was not the end of the world, so : very nice blog, with wonderful minis, really impressive!
Phil.

Mosstrooper said...

Seasons greetings to you and yours